120 Main Street
Software information changes
frequently. If you notice errors or inaccurate information, please
let us know so we can update our database. It is always best to
check with the company directly before buying to get the latest price
and platform information.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We want our visitors to have absolutely no concerns about the privacy of the information they share with us, both as subscribers and as participants on this site. Active Learning Associates (who publishes Children's Technology Review and manages this site) does not, and will not, sell or otherwise transfer any personal information about its subscribers to other companies or individuals. We do collect general statistics about site usage, but this information does not contain anything that identifies specific individuals or links what they do to their identity.
OWNERSHIP OF SUBMITTED INFORMATION, AND IDENTIFICATION OF AUTHORS
An important part of this site is the Children's Software Forum, a free, public exchange on children's interactive media. Public feedback on children's interactive media (software, smart toys, videogames and children's Internet sites) helps other parents, educators and children's librarians better use computers with children. Other than a standard spell checking, we do not edit reviews, and everyone is welcome to participate. Because this is a public forum, each author is asked to properly and fairly identify him or herself, and part of this disclosure includes the inclusion and posting of a working email address along with the review or comment. We ask that publishers and friends of publishers use this page appropriately and professionally, and reserve the right to investigate "suspicious" review activity. This could result in a review not being published. All submitted information from contact us, submit a review, or the mailbag forms become property of Children's Technology Review. Please refer to article 7, below. Collecting or "harvesting" these email addresses is strictly prohibited.
3. None of the content on The Site, including but not limited to, the reviews, ratings, the central conclusions of the reviews, the graphics, or the Children's Technology Review Evaluation system, may be used or adapted in any form without express, written permission from CTR. Content, both articles and reviews, may not be used to generate written works or articles for other publications, magazines, web sites, or any other forms of communication without express, written permission from CTR. One example of inappropriate use is using the search criteria to generate a list for a written work for a professional article. Another example of inappropriate use is to reword or rework the text of reviews or articles, or use key conclusions or ratings for use in other publications, newspaper columns, ezines or web sites. We ask, for the sake of validity, that other professional reviewers do their own homework. Appropriate uses are as follows: parents, teachers, technology coordinators or librarians determining if a product is appropriate for their child or children; software, videogame and smart toy publishers reading reviews or articles pertaining to their industry; retailers determining if they wish to carry products.
4. The use of this site by any person who writes reviews for print or online purposes, must have prior, express, written consent from CTR.
5. All information provided on this Site is intended for informational purposes only and is subject to change or withdrawal by CTR at any time without notice. CTR assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. CTR FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. IN NO EVENT WILL CTR, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THE SITE, THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE SITE, OR ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF CTR IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
6. The Children's Technology Review logo, Children's Technology Review and Children's Software Review/Revue (both spellings), the Children's Software Evaluation Instrument, the Star Kid, Children's Software Finder, LittleClickers (TM) brand and selected product and service names referenced in the site are registered trademarks, registered service marks, or trademarks or service marks of Active Learning Associates, Inc. All other logos, brand names, product names and service names mentioned in the site are trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
7. Any information or material sent to the Site will be deemed to be non-confidential. By submitting information, you represent and agree that CTR may publish such information and/or material and incorporate it or any concepts described in it in CTR products or services without liability.
8. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. CTR reserves the right to restrict access to any individual for reasons such as nonpayment and inappropriate uses as described in paragraphs 3 and 4. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site will be subject to prosecution.
9. The Site may contain links to other Sites controlled by parties other than CTR. CTR is not responsible for and does not endorse the contents or use of these Sites.
10. CTR reserves the right to revise the content, products, services and pricing described in this Site at any time. Subscribers will be notified in advance of any changes.
11. Your access to the Site is governed by all applicable federal, state and local laws. All information available on the Site may be subject to the laws of the country where you reside. You agree that any legal action, proceeding or other matters relating to your access to, or use of, the Site or the information contained on the Site shall be governed by U.S. federal law or the laws of the State of New Jersey.